Monday, December 21, 2009

I have the very best customers.


One of the many joys I've discovered running abbydid are the darling customers I meet. Sometimes a friend becomes a customer, sometimes a customer becomes a friend, but regardless, I have never have a negative transaction. I am extremely thankful for that, and am aware that not everyone is so lucky.

One of the glories of this little job of mine is the custom order. It is so much fun to make something with someone specific in mind. I piece the fabric together imagining the smile it will bring to that certain someone's face. It's totally hokey, I know, but this is my way of bringing a little more joy to the planet.

I have one custom order in particular I'd like to share with you. My dear friend Nancy has the most creative son Jack. He has created a super hero, complete with his own blog. She asked me to turn a drawing Jack had done of this super hero, Zebra Talker, into a plush to give him as a Christmas gift.

I finished him last night. What do you think?

The work I do is so much fun - I really enjoy it. But this piece was extra special. I can't wait to hear how Jack reacts!

If you have a drawing you'd like to see soft and squeezable, give me a shout. I LOVE a challenge!

No comments: