Monday, August 10, 2009

Nice to meet you, thanks for coming.

My new year's resolution, one of them anyway, was to get off my arse and finally start a blog. Everyone, their brother, and their dog is writing a blog, so I'm a little late to the party, but better late than never, right? So, to all you invisible, possibly imaginary readers out there, welcome to the insight into the slightly off brain of yours truly. Bare with me, it's bound to be a little rough at first as I poke things with sticks to see how they work, and find my voice which is a little rusty with lack of use.

I'll start by posting my artist's statement for a show I'm a part of. Actually, I'm going to list it a little later today after I feed the kids their lunch. Here's the thing with kids - they require feeding THREE TIMES A DAY. Outrageous! High maintenance, these kids.

So, where was I? Oh, right. The show. I'm in an exhibition of artists responding to the novel Moby-Dick by Herman Melville. I have three pieces in the show, and I was asked to write an artist's statement and have it in by today. Know when I started the piece? This morning. But it's not too shabby, if I do say so myself, and I'd like to share it with you. But first, feeding time.

No comments: