Monday, July 23, 2012

Come sew with me - One Night, One Craft at the CAC



Hi, kittens!  I have something exciting to tell you.  In one week, on Monday, July 30th from 6:00-8:00pm, I will be teaching a class at the Contemporary Arts Center's One Night One Craft series of DIY sessions for grown ups.  The class is $5, unless you are a member in which case it is totally FREE.  There's a cash bar, which enhances any craft, and admission to the museum is free to everyone for the evening as well.
  
But, Abby, what shall we make together?  

I'm glad you asked!  
We will hand-sew our very own monster gadget cozies, what I lovingly refer to as knucklebiters (because that's how far you get before they bite).  I've made about a zillion of these in my day, they are popular critters, and now I'll show YOU how to make one of your very own.  
Everything you need is included in the rock bottom price of $5.  This includes a darling felt needlebook I made just for you.  I'm so thoughtful!  
Because we are hand sewing, the knucklebiters will be made of felt instead of my usual choice of velvety-soft microfiber fur.  But TRUST ME when I say this is the easier choice for hand sewing.  Felt is fun and easy to work with, it won't move around on you like the fur would.  We will use a bamboo blend of wool that's more sustainable to the planet, and I have at least a dozen colors to choose from. You will also have your choice of hand-painted safety eyes and a fun, furry tail.  

Doesn't this sound FANTASTIC?  Can't you hardly wait?  GREAT!  I'll see you there:)

Here are the links to the event:

Feel free to email me any questions you may have or leave them for me on the abbydid facebook page. This is a popular series and they often fill up quickly, so be sure to get there on time!  






No comments: