Thursday, September 6, 2012

Broadhope Art Collective - Help Make It Happen!

Broadhope Art Collective, our new art center in Cheviot, Ohio
Exciting news!  Remember how I've been hoping and dreaming for an art space where I can teach classes , exhibit  my work, and work amongst a community of artists?

You don't?  Well I have.  And doesn't that sound wonderful?  Doesn't it just sound like a DREAM?  

Well, it's time to make that dream a reality, kittens!  Check it out:

Yes, indeed, we have a building picked out, we have artists signed up, and we are ready and willing and able.  But we need your help.  The deposit for the space, the stools we'll sit on during workshops, the extra gallery walls where we'll hang pictures, the toilet paper in the bathroom...these things all cost cash dollars!  And kittens, we are starving artists, you know.  So won't you help a talented group of creative folk make their dreams come true?  There are all sorts of goodies available if you do!

I strongly encourage you to browse through the dozen support levels and see what rewards appeal to you.  We have all sorts of fun ways to say thank you for your support.  

I'll tell you about the two of my reward levels.  Let's start with the biggest one, shall we?  
Make your own!  I'll show you how.


At the $250 level we have the most fabulous MONSTER MAKING PARTY!!!  
Haven't you always wanted to sit down with your own, personal textile artists for a few hours, creating your own monster? And wouldn't that be so much more fun with FIVE OF YOUR FRIENDS???

Copious amounts of fun would be had, I can tell you.  There's only one of these parties being offered so jump on it right away!  Your party will be tailored to your sewing abilities and age level.  So if it's half a dozen kids walking in the door, we will be completely prepared.  All supplies are included, as is the use of our flock of sewing machines.  

And by the way, the most awesome Tara of Robot Inside fame is in cahoots with me on this.  We are partners in crime, my friends, and a package deal.  What's better than one critter maker?  
TWO CRITTER MAKERS!!! 

*******
OR....you can opt in for the $75 dollar level and have me, your dear darling plush artist, make any stuffed creation you can dream up.  Have a drawing your child created?  Have a design of your own you're dying to see become soft and 3 dimensional?  Or maybe you are just in love with a certain character or image.  Turn me loose on it and soon it will be in your arms, ripe for the cuddling.  

I've done this sort of thing for awhile now on a custom order basis.  My wonderful customers come to me with the most amazing ideas and I have a great time with them.  Here are a few examples:

I made the NKU mascot Victor the Viking into a puppet.  That was REALLY FUN.


I made Roland of I Only Like Monsters a big brother based on his likeness.  
Dudley got a plush version of himself made, Wibbly Woo style.  
This was a very open request for some sort of giraffe or lion.  Naturally I saw an opportunity to make both - a hybrid beast we refer to as the LoRaffe!


Zebra Talker is a character concocted by my friend's son.  To surprise him one Christmas, she asked me to turn him into a plush.  
A custom assortment of Christmas stockings went to a very special customer last year.  Yes, that's a transformer, zombie, Wibbly Woo, and the Nutcracker.  
 So please, please, please consider digging in those couch cushions, breaking up the kids' piggy banks, or sorting through the junk drawer to gather up some contribution to send to us.  This is a wonderful opportunity for us, the artists involved, but also for the community at large.  This is your chance to be a part of that!  Help make this happen, own a piece of Broadhope's coming into existence.  Thank you!

The fundraiser is right here:
www.indiegogo.com/broadhope

No comments: